Advancing Science-Based Policy Solutions
PRHE applies respected scientific expertise to answer complex environmental health-related questions and to develop science-based policy strategies. Our work includes:
- Creating a science-based foundation for policy by evaluating, synthesizing, translating and interpreting scientific findings for relevant audiences, including policy makers, the public, patients and health affected and community groups.
- Creating policy options and tools to interpret scientific findings for use in policy and decision making and in optimizing prevention and interventions.
- Delivering critical scientific information to decision makers by establishing a broad base of scientists, community groups and health care providers and connecting this community to decision makers at the state and federal level.
Projects and Publications
- Reach the Decision Makers Fellowship
- Moving Upstream: A Workshop on Evaluating Adverse Upstream Endpoints for Improved Decision Making and Risk Assessment
- Leveraging Epidemiology to Improve Risk Assessment
- Navigation Guide: An Evidence-Based Medicine Methodology to Bridge the Gap Between Clinical and Environmental Health Sciences
- Shaping Our Legacy: Reproductive Health and the Environment
- Nanotechnology Policy Framework
- Professional Statements Database of Environmental Health Policy
- February 15, 2011 – Dr. Tracey Woodruff testified at the California State Assembly, Committee on Environmental Safety and Toxic Materials, Oversight Hearing, “Implementation of the California Green Chemistry Initiative”. Read her full testimony.
- February 4, 2010 – Dr. Tracey Woodruff testified at the U.S. Senate Subcommittee on Superfund, Toxics and Environmental Health Hearing, "Current Science on Public Exposures to Toxic Chemicals". Read her full testimony.
- April 29, 2008 - Dr. Linda Giudice testified at the U.S. Senate, Committee on Environment and Public Works Oversight Hearing. “EPA Toxic Chemical Policies”. Read her testimony or Watch (select "View Archived Webcast" and cue to the 16:46 mark) the hearing (Real Player required).
Reach the Decision Makers
Learn more about PRHE's Reach the Decision Makers program.
Learn more about PRHE's Navigation Guide. Click here.