REACH Application Information
The Reach the Decision Makers Fellowship is NOW accepting applications for the 2015 class.
The primary goal of Reach is to enhance the capacity of participants to understand and utilize the best environmental reproductive health science to promote science-based health standards and policy in the United States Environmental Protection Agency (US EPA). Reach draws upon best practices for adult learning, which emphasize the importance of learning by doing. Participants develop the tools and skills to effectively engage key offices and staff members within the US EPA and contribute to immediate and lasting changes in environmental health policy.
Here’s what past fellows have said about the program:
“- And very important to always do … provide [US EPA] with an informed, unquiet constituency determined to let them know that we’re not going to go home. We’ll always be there pushing them and supporting them.”
“I also learned that advocating for change, particularly around administrative policy, is a lot different from working in the legislative end of things... I learned a whole lot more about EPA and I also can appreciate the administrative policy process and how daunting it can be.”
Here’s a brief video with testimony from former Reach the Decision Makers fellows: http://bit.ly/QDhz8j
We encourage both individuals and pre-formed teams to apply.
- Pre-formed team. This could be an existing coalition or any group of individuals who want to form a team of four to six individuals. Reach would prefer teams that include a diverse mix of community-based leaders, researchers, health care professionals, and public health professionals.
- Individuals. Researchers, community-based leaders, public health professionals, and health care professionals with experience in reproductive or environmental health are encouraged to apply.
Reach the Decision Makers is a program of the UCSF Program for Reproductive Health and the Environment (PRHE). PRHE’s mission is to create a healthier environment for human reproduction and child development through advancing scientific inquiry, clinical care and health policies that prevent exposures to harmful chemicals in our environment. PRHE applies respected scientific expertise to answer complex environmental health-related questions and to develop science-based policy strategies.
Deadline for applications: Friday, March 20, 2015
Selection notice to applicants: Friday, March 27, 2015
To learn more and ask questions about the fellowship, sign up to attend an informational webinar. These webinars will be held on:
- Monday, March 9, 2015 from Noon - 1:00pm PST (3:00 - 4:00pm EST)
- Tuesday, March 10, 2015 from Noon - 1:00pm PST (3:00 - 4:00pm EST)
- Wednesday, March 18, 2015 from Noon - 1:00pm PST (3:00 - 4:00pm EST)
To attend, send an email with your selected date to email@example.com.
Learn more about the Reach the Decision Makers program:
Reach the Decision Makers Fellows
Click here for a list of current and past Reach the Decision Makers fellows.